Long Weekend
We are starting to have more "long weekends" because I have went part time at work! Yay! Something we have talked about for a year now is finally happening! I have been taking Friday's off now for a month or two. Fridays are hard! Since we only do 4-day school weeks, the kids are out of school and I was always finding babysitters for those days. PLUS...they are all taking gymnastics on Friday mornings. Brynlee starts at 8:30, Ellie at 9:40 and then Molly goes until 11:30. Then Molly has had basketball practice in the afternoons too. She stays at the bank with Joe and we go home.
This last Friday, Ellie had a lose tooth and was worried that it would fall out of her mouth when she did a somersault. I assured her that was NOT going to happen. Well guess what? She ran over during class and handed me her TOOTH!
This last Friday, Ellie had a lose tooth and was worried that it would fall out of her mouth when she did a somersault. I assured her that was NOT going to happen. Well guess what? She ran over during class and handed me her TOOTH!
She was excited to loose her very first tooth!
So what is the luck of this? Her buddy Cooper lost his very first tooth the SAME day! They were pretty excited! Saturday, Joe and the guys were moving cattle to a new pasture. So the girls and I went to Don's for lunch. After Don's we stopped at Tara's house so the toothless kids could take a picture together.
Saturday evening, Ellie said her stomach hurt and she laid on the couch through dinner. She fell asleep and then everyone else went downstairs to watch sports (Joe) and play (Molly and Brynlee). I cuddled up with Ellie and read for my Bible Study out of the book of Matthew. I joined an online bible study led by a few friends. It is a great concept! We are rereading the same scripture each week for a month, but looking at it from a different angle each time. The best part is it is at home, under a super soft blanket, with my sick kiddo! Ellie did have a belly ache through the night and I was getting nervous that it might be her appendix. She finally fell asleep at 2:45 a.m. and was sore, but ok Sunday morning. I kept her home from church since I didn't know how she would tolerate her breakfast. We read from their story Bible and had our own church in our PJ's.
Sunday afternoon came down to a hard decision! Clean the wood blinds and get ready for our annual Super Bowl party or get crafty with a pair of Brynlee's shoes. Guess what? My blinds are still dirty!
I LOVE putting Brynlee in Converse! Like LOVE them! She has had every size since she could walk. The pink velcro are the best, but I found all these black (and I have some brown) shoes at my friends semi-annual consignment sale. I figured I should play around with the ones I can get for a $1 instead of the $35 brand new ones.
They turned out super cute and Brynlee loves them. I bought a few different glues and hope the sparkles stay on. Now to find some other fun laces or ribbon!
Comments