Summer Plums
I don't know where the summer has gone! We have stayed so busy with ball games, Rec activities, swim lessons, CO vacation and the fair that now we are talking about getting ready to go back to school.
I know I am so behind on blogging, I don't even know where to start. Just bare with me, things will be a bit mixed up. The girls and I sat down the other day and looked at the Blog Books I have printed off for each year. We LOVED looking through them and I remembered why I started this in the first place. Work has been crazy! I have been training a new assistant and hopefully when she is up and going I will have more time to blog and spend time with the muchkins!
So the Sand Plums have been Out of CONTROL this summer! I thought we had lost them all to the late frost. Joe was in the pasture retrieving the kids trampoline (another post in itself!) and we found plums! People in this area are NUTS for plum jelly!
Ellie and I got on our boots and went out to pick plums. Last week was unseasonably cool for July and we had to wear jackets and long sleeve shirts in the evenings. I was hoping this meant the snakes were hiding somewhere else!
This picture just doesn't show how full these bushes are with plums! My friends mom picked 15 gallons from our bushes and I didn't even know she came out. Another friend has came and picked too. I have told other people to come load up, but do not know how many people have picked.
Since everyone is in Plum Jelly mode, I decided I need to give it a try also. Might boil them down tonight and make jelly this weekend. Wish me luck! My last jelly making experience was more like a thick syrup.
Comments