Fair Week and 4-H
We survived our first 4-H County Fair!!! The fair has always been a fun and busy week for us. Joe and I both have events we need to be at for our jobs. Farm Bureau sponsors the kids Pedal Pull and I hand out prizes to each kid and tell them Good Job! I got to help run the horse race game at the carnival night for the Extension board I am on and then sponsored the Watermelon Feed Saturday night before the 4-H Auction. All of these are super fun PR events for work. Joe "buys" for both banks at the 4-H auction. Between all of that stuff, staying late to watch rodeo events and the dance...we were worn out!
Molly choose cooking and photography to try out her first year in 4-H. This girl has wanted to join 4-H forever! She made Avalanche Bars to enter at the fair. One of the categories in Level 1 cooking was No-Bake Cookies or Bars. She received a BLUE ribbon for this recipe!! You guys should really try these out!
Avalanche Bars
12 oz White Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup creamy Peanut Butter
3 cups Rice Krispies
1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips + 2 tbsp for garnish
**Microwave White Chocolate and PB for 1 minute, stirring half way through. Add Rice krispies and let cool 5-10 minutes. Stirring to help the cooling. Add marshmallows and mini chips. Pour into a greased 8x8 pan. Sprinkle extra mini chips on the top and press lightly on bars with back of spoon to pack into pan. Cool completely before cutting. Enjoy!
Molly also entered two pictures in the fair that she took on our CO trip. She received a red ribbon on a picture of rippling water at Bear lake. Her picture of trees and a creek on the mountain got a Blue ribbon and also the pink Reserved Grand Champion ribbon for her level! We learned a lot and are already making plans for next years fair entries! Watch out, Molly's going big next year! :-)
Ellie, Coda and Remi were racing their horses
We were getting ready for the fair Saturday and Brynlee wouldn't stop hitting Daisy. She had to hug her and tell her she was sorry. Poor Daisy puts up with so much from this little girl. Thankful we have such a nice and patient dog!
Saturday night was the last night of the fair. A local bank sponsors a BBQ dinner, Farm Bureau gives away Watermelon, the 4-H Auction is that night and then the kids dance the night away! I had lost my phone Saturday afternoon, so didn't take picture of them dancing. They all wore themselves out with so much dancing. Brynlee has a dance move I call the "penguin"! Its a fast waddle back and forth! Too cute!
Sunday morning Molly left a little after 7am to help clean up the fair grounds with her 4-H group. The usually chipper early riser was in tears! She was so tired and nothing was going right. She begged to stay home and Joe and I are mean parents so we told her she had to go. Church and lunchtime was hard to keep an attitude down and I about sent her over the edge asking her to pick up her toys around the house. So I asked her if she needed some alone time to chill out. She sent herself downstairs with her Ipod to rest. She slept for HOURS and came back up her usual chipper and helpful self!
Man...a week of fair events, PR for work and late nights dancing and playing just did us in! I know I am still recovering. Who knows...come September we might even attempt the State Fair!!

Comments