Valentine's Day




Valentine's Day started a day early for us this year!  Since we don't go to school on Fridays, the class party was on Thursday.  I got to go help with Ellie's class!  She always gets so excited for us to visit her classroom!  I took Brynlee with me which was way more activity and people talking to her than she could handle!  The class had snacks, drinks and we brought a goody bag for each of them to take home.  PLUS all those Valentine's and candy!  Ellie is still working on her candy and Brynlee is taking any hand outs they will give her.  Molly's class also had a party.  Brynlee and I walked up to her classroom to say HI.  Yet again, too much for Brynlee.  She is going through such a phase of not liking strangers or big kids!  Well pretty much any guy except for Grandpa and Dad!  Poor Uncle Doug, really tried to get her to like him this last weekend.  NOPE!  I am sure she will come around!  Ellie used to be horribly shy too!
The Blonde Grill (a great restaurant in Coldwater) had Chocolate Dipped Strawberries and some other chocolates.  I took some home for our dessert!  Brynlee loved the chocolate, but didn't eat the strawberry. 

I have made chocolate dipped strawberries for breakfast on a few Valentine days.  The girls loved them!  This year I didn't have time so they had pancakes and "fondue" with their fruit.  That made for a messy breakfast!  I tried a new homemade pancake recipe.  It was from Martha Stewart.  The girls loved them and they were easy to make!  Here is the RECIPE!

Comments

Sara said…
I'm just now reading this, but Molly was telling me about the chocolate covered strawberries for breakfast...when she was here for the birthday party. We had them in the chocolate fountain! I think that's a fun tradition. I'm going to try the pancakes this week.

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food