Freezer Meals - January
In January, we met at Jody's house to do our freezer meals! It was a windy, windy day! Some of our big kids got to come along to play out at the Leeper house. The kids didn't seem to mind the cold wind and bounced back and forth between inside and outside. Molly and Jody's oldest are in the same class and Ellie and Jody's youngest are in the same class. Ellie and Cashton have always been fast friends. I hope they get into the same Kindergarten class next year since there will be 2 classes.
It has been hard picking out recipes since we have made so many things now. I went for a family favorite of mine and it is an easy. cheap meal. I made Stuffed Peppers with Porcupine Meatballs. My kids don't like the bell peppers, so I made the rest of the meat/rice filling into meatballs. My mom did the same thing.
Tara made the Pioneer Woman's Chicken Pot Pie recipe! I didn't freeze mine and baked it the next day. It was really good! Will have to make it again sometime soon!
Sara made a Crockpot Chicken Taco filling recipe. I love a recipe that you can dump in before work and come home to dinner ready! Everyone liked this served in soft taco shells! I think next time I will add the cream cheese at the end of the cooking because it seperated a bit cooking that long.
Rachel made Poppy Seed Chicken. This is served on buttered egg noodles. My kids were curious about the little black poppy seeds, but didn't seem to mind eating them! This was really yummy!
Jody made South of the Border Ground Beef and Corn pie. I was really wondering how exactly the beef mixture would become a crust, but it came together really well! I liked this one better the next day! All the flavors came together and reheated wonderfully!
All the recipes are over at Sara's BLOG !
We have gotten into the habit of bringing an "extra" also. This time Rachel brought us all bags of homemade pancakes, which reheated beautifully for breakfast! Tara brought Reece's pieces oatmeal cookie dough, I brought Twice Baked Potatoes to go with the Pepper/Meatballs, Jody gave everyone Chex Mix and Sara brought Chocolate Chip Muffins! Oh my goodness,we had lots of food!
I just love our weekend afternoon together cooking! We have such a good group of ladies and get to know each other more everytime we meet! I do have to say, Jody's husband did a great job serving us drinks and changing plug-ins when the breakers blew from too many electric skillets plugged in! Good work Cade! Lol
Comments