Bye Bye Crib!


So this "Little Monster" has been giving us a run for our money at bedtime!  A few weeks ago, she came walking into the living room about 30 minutes after I put her down for an afternoon nap.  I asked who got her out of her crib.  Molly and Ellie both in the "TV zone" watching Full House said they hadn't.  Brynlee was very proud of herself and said "I jump down, Momma!" So I took her back to her crib and put her in and asked her to show me how she "jumped down".  She climbed her little monkey toes up the side, threw a leg over the rail and jumped off!  She hit her face on the sleigh bed part on her way down and it was really sad.  I put her back down for her nap and peeked in on her only to watch her twice try to jump out again.  I told Joe it's time to change the crib to the toddler bed before she breaks an arm or her neck!  So that night, I took the front off of her crib!  

The first night she thought it was awesome and the big girls made a really big deal about it.  Then bedtime came!!!  She escaped 4-5 times until finally going to bed at 10:30.  This was our nights for the first week.  One night, she came into our room and told me "Me NO like me BED!  Me like Daddy Bed!"  Odd since this kiddo never sleeps with us!

It has gotten better, but definatly got worse before it got better!  I kept reminding myself "it won't always be this hard!"  I kept thinking of putting the crib back together, but knew she would just jump out.

Last week, she was having a hard time going to bed, so I offered to put my Kindle Fire in her room and play the music on there.  I have some Lullabies on there.  She liked that and went right to sleep.  So I tried it a few more nights.  One night I was on the phone with a friend, Brynlee was in bed and the music was playing.  I checked in on her and she was laying in bed holding the Kindle (I had left it on her table) and she was watching Sophia the First!  Who knows how she figured out how to turn a movie on, but she was proud of herself!  Little stinker!  Gracie called her the TechyToddler!     

Not to jinx ourselves, but she has went to bed really good the last few nights!  Might just be exhaustion from a busy weekend with late night!  Wish us luck!  I love "my time" in the evenings to get caught up on laundry, projects, watch a show with Joe or just go to bed early.  None of that when you have a little person galloping into the living room.  She is small for her age...I would have kept her in a crib until Kindergarten!  Lol  Here's hoping for a good nights sleep!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food