OKC Trip
A few weekends ago, the girls I packed up and headed out for Edmond, OK to see my sister Megan. Her family recently moved there from Detroit. Megan has always lived far away...Washington DC, California, Detroit. It still hasn't sunk in yet that we can just pack up and go visit her for a weekend. There is nothing better for the soul then a weekend with my sister/sisters and my nieces! Our girls see each other once a year, but you would never know it. The minute we got there they ran off together and played so good all weekend!
Our trip started out kinda rocky. Everyone did really good getting ready, but had to stop mulitple times for bathroom/eating breaks and even had to stop once on the interstate. Brynlee started yelling and the girls said she took the lid off of her cup and dumped her ice water on her lap.
Brynlee got an outfit change on the shoulder of the highway! She loved the chance to get out of her carseat!!!
Friday evening we took the girls to "Storybook Forest" at a lake by Megan's house. They had a trail full of storybook/nursery rhyme characters giving out candy! Perfect for our little group!
Brynlee wasn't in too many pictures, she was WAY too busy running to the next location with candy yelling "More Candy!" "More Candy!" She really got into it! After the forest, we took our 4 princesses and 1 50's girl out to eat. We went to a restaurant called The Garage. It was great! Fun atmosphere, nice and loud for our kids and great food!
Saturday morning we headed to a birthday party at Megan's college roomies house. I've always considered Erin on of my "college friends" too, even though I didn't go to OSU with them! Lol Erin's twin girls were turning 3 and we crashed their party! :-) Our girls had a great time playing with Erin's 3 kids and the others there. It was so good to see her and meet her cute, little kids that I have only seen on Facebook! I felt like I knew them already!
Then crazy Megan and I took the kids to lunch and then the MALL!!! What were we thinking? Our original plan was the zoo, but the rain came. The mall wore us all out! The kiddos rested up and I know it was late, but I put Brynlee down for a nap at 5-6pm. Crazy? I know, but Momma just needed some time and a glass of wine with Aunt Megan in peace! It was worth it! :-)
We headed home on Sunday after breakfast. The girls are still talking about going back to Aunt Megan's house and Ellie was in LOVE with her cousins dollhouse. I just love that we can plan these trips now and not have to wait a year to see each other!





Comments