Freezer Meal Group
I have always tried to keep my freezer stocked with some meals ready to pull out and heat up. Sometimes life is too crazy to come home after a day at work/kids at school and cook a big meal. I mean MOST of the time life is too crazy... :-)
My friend Sara asked a few girls if we would be interested in getting together and making freezer meals. The first time we met up at Sara's house and had 5 meals to cook. Each girl brought enough of her recipe to make that dish 5 times! We each bring our own meat for the 5 meals though. So we email out what we are making and bring the hamburger already cooked, the chicken shredded or raw chicken breast. Whatever the recipes call for. Check out Sara's Blog HERE and read her following post of the recipes we made then!
We met at my house the second time. Not only do we cook, but we enjoy cheeseballs and wine or last time chips/salsa and margaritas! We kill two birds with one stone!!! We have girls time and we provide yummy meals for our family! Plus its just good for the soul to cook with your girlfriends!
I know Sara has pictures of all of us again with our pile of food. This time some of us brought along "extra" for everyone. Rachel brought Pumpkin choc. chip muffins, Sara brought loafs of homemade french bread, Jody brought jars of homemade salsa and I gave out bags of cream cheese choc. chip cookie dough. I was kinda waiting on Sara to do a post of all the recipes we cooked this time so I could just tag it. Come on Sara...get with it! Lol I don't have the recipes, but Rachel made Lasagna, Sara made Cowboy Lasagna, Jody made a Breakfast Casserole, Tara made Taco Soup and I made Chicken Chili.
With next month being December, we didn't have a weekend that we could get together and spend an afternoon. So we are going to make our recipe x 5 and exchange after dinner and drinks out! Girls night + freezer meals = WONDERFUL!!!


Comments