Strawberry Upside Down Cake

Here is the yummy dessert I made for Easter lunch.  It was a Strawberry Upside Down Cake! 


Strawberry Upside Down Cake

2 cups crushed fresh strawberries (I used frozen because our store was out of fresh)
3 oz box of Strawberry Jello (powder)
3 cups mini marshmallows
1 white cake mix

Heat oven to 350.  Spray 13x9 pan with non-stick spray.  Spread out crushed strawberries in bottom of pan.  Evenly sprinkle jello over strawberries, then marshmallows on top of jello.  Mix cake mix according to package and pour on top of marshmallows.  Bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Let sit for 15 minutes, loosen the side of pan with a knife and turn cake out onto a serving platter.  Store cake in refrigerator.  This was good with whipped cream!

** I was the only one that knew there were marshmallows in the cake.  They just disappeared, but I am sure added to the yumminess!  :-)   I think this would be good with other cakes or fruit.  Peaches and white cake?  Strawberries with chocolate cake?  Raspberries and white cake?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food