More Snow...

March brought us some records snows.  In my record book anyway!  The last time we had this much snow, Ellie was 4 months old.  We had a "blizzard" and were snowed in for a few days.  I remember thinking we had enough PB&J and diapers in the house...we would be fine!  Lol  There was something so fun about being snowed in playing with 2 year old Molly and our new chubby baby!  Actually I had just started this blog...HERE is the blog post!

We had a few days of snow and the weather man predicted a "blizzard" with lots of snow and crazy winds.  So the day before turned out to be a pretty nice day (Sunday).  We had work to do though to get ready for the blizzard!  I made a grocery store trip and everyone was thinking the same thing.  The store was out of bread, milk, and some other basics.  Joe and Ellie moved firewood into the garage so it would stay dry and then they moved hay bales for hours for the cows who were having babies at the time!  Poor Big Mommas and new babies!

Molly and I shoveled all the snow off the back deck.  Since our deck is above the walkout basement (and runs the whole length of the house) we are always afraid it will get too heavy with the weight of the snow.  Joe had shoveled it once, but more snow accumulated.  After about 10 minutes of shoveling Molly decided "this isn't as much fun as I thought it would be".  Lol  I think she wished she had chosen to ride with Joe and Ellie on the tractor moving bales. 


But she was rewarded with sledding when we got done.  We left our sleds in CO when we went out for Christmas so we had to improvise!  First we tried the tiny "kiddy pool" we bought for Daisy during the summer.

Daisy never used it.  She drank from it and it attracted wasps.  Molly wasn't heavy enough to make it go very fast. 

So on to Plan B!   I got a cookie sheet out!  She FLEW on this!  Each trip down the hill was faster!  lol  Just gotta do whatcha gotta do, huh?  She has told people that she used a "cookie plate" to sled on.  Weird looks! :-)

Then we built Harriet!  Isn't she pretty?!?

The swings were barely above the snow.  I even looked over at one time and Molly was swinging without her snow boots on!  BRRRR!

So we got the house and the cattle ready for the snow.  I filled coolers and pitchers with water and filled the bathtub with water in case we lost electricity (which we didnt'!), because if you loose electricity in the country your well can't work...so no water!


Brynlee was spoiled rotten by the sisters while we were snowed in. I never heard exactly how much the second snow brought, but the highways were closed and there were huge drifts. The wind blew awful.  So Brynlee had ALL of her favorite things in this picture.  THREE Paci's and a sippy cup full of milk! I kept putting the paci's up and I would look over and she would have anywhere from 1 to 3 again.  Molly said "but she wants them".  She wants chocolate chip cookies all day too, but we don't give them to her!  lol

We made Snow Ice cream.  The snow was drifting in so bad by the walkout basement that I went out and scooped a bowl full of clean snow.  This recipe was 8-10 cups of snow, 1 can of condensed milk and 2 tbsp of vanilla.  It was so good!  Tasted like homemade ice cream.  Everyone liked it!

Brynlee watches us too much!  lol  She must want to know if she lost any weight this week!  lol  Notice her first ponytail.  It might be one of her last for awhile.  I am having her first hair cut to get rid of her mullet look for Ben's wedding in a few weeks. 

This is a 1 year old fit in progress!  Lol  She likes to suck on the pump in her lotion bottle. Gross!  I put it up after her bath and she threw a fit.  Drops to the floor and yells at me.  It doesn't phase me.  We are on to bigger and better fits at our house!  :-)  BTW...She didn't get her way and didn't eat anymore lotion.  Momma -1  Brynlee-0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food