Chilly Weekend

We had a lazy weekend and stayed in our PJ's way too much.  I just love those kind of weekends sometimes. We are getting ready to come into a busy April with Uncle Ben's wedding and Joe and I going to CA for a friends wedding. 

Joe was gone last week from Thursday to Sunday for a fishing trip in Arkansas with a banking school friend.  Joe, Nate and Ken left at 4am Thursday.  Sounds like they did some fishing, basketball watching and eating like kings.  Hope Joe doesn't expect me to cook like Chad did for them!  Lol

Our friend Stacy puts on a kids consignment sale twice every year in the Fall and Spring.  If you volunteer or consign then you get to shop the early sale on Friday night.  The girls and I went and had pizza while we were waiting for the sale to start.  They are always excited because not only is there clothes there, but also toys!  They each picked out a new "friend" to take home.  Found cute summer clothes for all of them, but my favorite were these shoes for Brynlee. 

How cute are those chubby legs and sparkly shoes???  Lol

We came home for about an hour and half before we headed back to Coldwater because Ellie was invited to a friends birthday party.  She was SUPER excited!  Molly went to two parties in the last month and Ellie was bummed that she didn't go to birthday parties yet.  I told her when you get older your friends will have more friends parties.  Sabra gave her friends blow up guitars and Ellie has been practicing "rockin out"!

The party was only an hour so we killed time by going to the Coldwater grocery store.  Lol  Brynlee impressed us with grabbing the cans out of the cart and stacking them in a tower.  She did it over and over!

We picked up Don's since everyone was STARVING when we came home.  I put them in the bath after dinner and when they were done I looked outside to everything covered in snow.  Not sure when that happened, but there was no snow falling when we started baths.  Church was cancelled Sunday so we had a lazy day at home.  I made a crock pot full of ham and beans (that no one likes but me) and had Oreo Ice box cake.  Recipes to follow soon!  The girls played tea party and they used sprinkles instead of water in their tea pitchers.  This is actually a great idea and less mess than water.  I put the sprinkles they have left in a ziplock to use next time.  This idea was Ellie's! 


So yesterday afternoon I got her out some cans to stack.  The tallest towers were taller than her!  Her sisters were so impressed!

When she was finished she started throwing the cans around the kitchen.  I didn't think the floors needed that, so I put them up.  This kid needs some blocks!


I talked Ellie into letting me put foam rollers in her hair.  As long as she still got to play on my Laptop (DisneyJunior.com!) she didn't care.  I took them out before her hair was completely dry.  We will see if she lets me try it again.  Lol

Saturday night I put Brynlee to bed and the big girls were Skyping with Aunt Gracie.  Needless to say, they were very loud entertaining Gracie over the computer.  Brynlee couldn't go to sleep and started crying.  Molly rescued her and they watched TV for a while together.  So sweet!  Brynlee thinks she is hot stuff when she sits on the couch with her sisters!  And YES she is holding a paci as well as one in her mouth.  We need to put an end to that habit.  She is turning into a Pa-Pa Monster!  She calls them pa-pa's and gets ridiculously excited when she finds one! 

Ellie and I finished off the weekend by going to the movie in Coldwater.  We had a little date... just her and I!  So nice!  We haven't done anything just us in a long time.  The movie was The Croods and it was really cute!  It was about a family of cavemen that have to find somewhere new to live.  The daughter is a teenager that wants to have some freedom and there is a cute baby that said Dada just like Brynlee.  So we thought it was great!  We had popcorn and Dr Pepper too, so how could it not be great???!!!???  :-)  BTW...Molly decided to not go with us.  I was surprised since she loves the movies, but she wanted to see Dad since he had been gone so long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food