Zoo
Saturday afternoon, Jesse, Julie and I took the kids to the zoo. We had our 5 girls plus my cousin Chris's daughter Emma. We have talked all summer about going to the zoo and haven't fit in because we had others things planned or because it has been just too darn hot! The weather was perfect! The 3 older girls (Kate, Emma and Molly) ran ahead and from animal to animal. It hit me half way through the zoo that Ellie hasn't been to a zoo since she was Brynlee's age! Oh My Goodness! I have totally failed as a mother! Lol She was TOTALLY amazed by each animal. Animals she sees on TV, reads about in books and pretends to be are really REAL!!! She was so excited to see the Elephants, Zebras, Gorillas, Penguins and most of all the "Big Fat Pig". You will laugh if you know what she used to say she was going to be when she grew up...A Big Fat Pig! Lol
Ellie, Molly, Kate and Emma at the petting zoo
The penguins were pretty awesome!
She looks so old in her "glasses"
Ellie on the horse
She was pumped... it was the Pigs!
Brynlee eating her meal of Gerber Cheese puffs and snow cone. I know that's awful, but I kept looking for a good place to nurse and there was none. She seemed happy with those stinky, messy puffs and LOVED the snowcone! Sorry Brynlee Bear! This picture was after we left the petting zoo where the goats charged her stroller and tried to eat the cheese puffs that were in her hands. Poor baby almost lost her fingers, but she was delighted by their attention. Jesse and I had to kick them away. Pesky Goats!
Ellie's favorite place was the Rain Forest. She slowly walked through and found birds hiding under the foliage and even a little chipmunk like animal she called the Critter, lol
I know there is so many Ellie pictures, but Ellie, Brynlee and I were almost always a blocks length behind everyone else. They just moved fast and didn't watch the animals as much. But it was fun to take it at Ellie's pace and enjoy it! We will have to get back up there before winter comes. Joe was golfing in CO with 11 other guys and we need him to come with us next time.
We left the zoo, hit Sonic for drinks and to feed Brynlee more (not more puffs or snowcones!) and then drove back home. Brynlee and Molly were asleep before we got back to Kellogg and Ellie was asleep by Goddard! Can you saw EXHAUSTED?!? It was a wonderfully peaceful drive home!








Comments