Colorado Trip Day #4&5

Saturday was our last full day on the mountain.  Jen golfed with the guys in the morning.  We took the kids on a Ranger ride around the houses before heading down the pick up Jen.  They guys golfed the back 9 and we went to lunch.  There was a new bar and grill in LaVeta called LeVeta Loco.  It had good burgers and beers!  We sat outside and the kids could run around.  Which is what they (and Jen and I ) needed!

I love to stop at the Pinon Hills Pottery store in LaVeta.  The owners are artist that both graduated from K-State!  They remember us each year as the Kansans that live up the mountain.  Lol  They display art in their gallery and also sell local artists work.  There is an artist that makes dishes.  I have a 13x9, 8x8 and a deeper casserole dish that he has made.  They all are very colorful and practical.  I love taking them to church lunches. 


Molly must have had my camera in the car .  Cute little girls!  The pottery store isn't really for kids.  Surprise surprise!

I got this 12x12 platter this year.  Pretty cool huh?

Brynlee slept in the car and wasn't ready to nap again that afternoon, Ellie isn't a easier napper every and Molly is too grown up for naps.  I was the only one that really really wanted a nap.  After a while, I gave up.  I told them to get their shoes on, we were going to the playground!  Everyone else was napping, so we borrowed Candy's car and went down to Cuchara's park to play.  There were some other KS families there and it was nice to chat with them.  We stayed down there playing until the wind came up and the rain moved in.

The Murphy3 swinging

Happy Baby!  I have this same picture of Molly at age 2. 

Both girls are good at pumping their legs now and love to swing!


Saturday evening, the guys cooked steaks, corn and potatoes on the grill (in the rain).  It was all really, really good!  We finished off more of the cake and ice cream.  Before bed, we loaded up our bags and packed what we could in the cars/RV so we could leave bright and early Sunday morning!


Brynlee hanging out with all the girls.  Grandma has a special touch when it comes to Brynlee Bear.  She goes right to sleep for her every time!


It is nice to get away but always nice to get back home too!


Molly up front helping Papa find our way back home! 

Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa we all had a nice cool vacation together.  Its a fun time to slow down from the craziness of the summer and enjoy each others company.  The kids have so much fun together.  Wish we lived closer, so we could see each other more often!    We hope to go back out to Colorado this fall with just our family.  Do some fishing and hiking with the kids.  I have always wanted to see the aspens when the leaves change colors!  We need to pick a date and do it!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food