Memorial Day

Over Memorial Day, Protection had their "All School Reunion".  They have this every 5 years.  Everyone that is a graduate of Protection High school is invited!  Friday night started with an ice cream social in the park.  Jen and her kids came to town so we met them there.  It was fun to see so many people come out to socialize and have ice cream!  We have lived here 8 years and I think I know everyone until something like this.  We had friends over after the park to hang out.  Joe's friend Brian Lohrding was in town from Lubbock, TX and it was great to see him and his wife Leslie.

Carter and Jack met us downtown for a parade Saturday morning

Carter and Ellie are 2 peas in a pod!  Double Trouble!  :-)

Brynlee is always happy to hang out with Grandma Candy

Waiting for the parade to start.  Joe on the phone...must be bank business!  Lol 

After the parade, we went to the BBQ lunch in the park.  Then home to take naps (all of us but Molly!  She's way too old and cool for naps now. Lol)  Saturday evening there was a banquet.  We were going to go but they moved it back to 8pm and that seemed to late for the kids to eat.  We ordered pizza and had Jen/Jake and Brian/Leslie and all the kids over to eat and play.  We all sat outside downstairs and watched the kids roll down the hill, ride the Gator, play ball and swing!  All 8 of them played so good!  Molly was the oldest at almost 6, the Lohrding twins are 5, Ian 4, Ellie and Carter 3, Jack 1 and Brynlee 6 months!  Wow!!  Sounds like a full day huh?  Nope!  We were just getting started!  We then went into the park for the dance!  The kids danced the night away!  We stayed out way to late and had so much fun!

Sunday, the guys went golfing and the girls/kids met for church.  Candy, Jen and the kids all came over after church to eat the leftover pizza.  Then naps for all.  I filled up the girls swimming pool and they got in the freezing cold water. 




Brynlee and I laid on a blanket and enjoyed the shade.  She wanted Daisy so bad I thought she might crawl!

Ellie up from her long nap and ready to swim!

Memorial Day Monday there is always a fundraiser breakfast at Don's.  It is so yummy.  Joe went out to start harvest, so the girls and I went.  1 Mom, 3 girls and a pile of pancakes=Great Morning!

\
We stopped by The Girks house after breakfast. Our "babies" played together in the playpen.  These two will be BFF's...Suzie and I won't have it any other way!  :-)

So this is some food for thought!  The last "All School Reunion" was when Molly looked like this...
At the next Reunion, Molly will be almost 11 years old, Ellie will be 8.5 years old and Brynlee will have just finished Kindergarten!  OMG!!!!  We were discussing what to do at the next reunion to make it easier on us that have kids.  It won't matter!  Molly can stay home and babysit them!  Lol  So crazy!  I can't imagine life in 5 years.  I must enjoy it now because it will be here before we know it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food