Harvest
Harvest was short and sweet this year! Some fields were ok and some were bad. The worse the wheat the quicker the cutting. One day, Joe said if you don't come out to ride tonight you probably won't get to. A storm was rolling and the last place I wanted to be was a wheat field! I thought we would take him dinner and take some pics and get home!
Joe unloaded what into the semi and came over for pictures!
Brynlee Bears first harvest. My only real harvest picture. I will do better next year! :-)
So the girls wanted to ride with Joe, so I let them. I took Brynlee home and kept an eye on the clouds. The sky kept getting darker and darker. I was at the back sliding glass door with Brynlee and the dog (she hates storms) and the wind came up, the rain started and it got so dark I couldn't see the lights from the combine, tractor and semi in the field behind our house. About 10 minutes later I get a call from Joe. They pulled the tractor/grain cart up by Grandma's house and ran inside. I guess there were tears in the tractor and I doubt it was from Joe! Bet they won't go farm again when a storm is coming! I stayed home and Joe brought the drowned little rats home when the rain let up some. We will take rain anytime we can get it, but you always hope harvest will be dry! Better luck next year!


Comments