Cilantro Lime Rice

I know I am trying to catch up on blog entries for the last two months, but I must share a new recipe.  I don't know about you all, but our family LOVES Mexican food.  Given I think M&E like Don's cheese enchiladas better than mine, but I will forgive them for that!  Lol  I had extra cilantro in the fridge so I Googled cilantro lime rice and found this recipe from Martha Stewart.  Don't be scared by the greenness!  The girls are!  I think it has replaced Spanish Rice in our house for awhile!  Try it, you'll love it too!!!


1 cup long-grain white rice


Coarse salt

1/2 cup fresh cilantro

2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 garlic clove

Directions

1.In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover, and reduce to a simmer. Cook until water is absorbed and rice is just tender, 16 to 18 minutes.

2.Meanwhile, in a blender, combine cilantro, lime juice, oil, garlic, and 2 tablespoons water; blend until smooth. Stir into cooked rice, and fluff with a fork.


Comments

tracy said…
i will be making this asap! looks delish.

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food