Home

So life seems like it has been busy lately!  Joe went fishing for a week in North Dakota with lots of guys on an RV.  Glad it's a guys only trip!  Driving all day on the RV to go fishing in the cold and rain isn't my cup of tea.  Us girls stayed busy and with Molly's eye injury we had more on our plate than normal.  He did bring us back something though...fish.  I know clothing or jewerly would have been better, but there probably isn't much of that on Devil's Lake in ND.  So fish it is!  :-)  He came home to corn that needed cutting, beans that were almost ready to cut and cows that needed to be worked and moved.  I have encouraged the girls to "help" him with all of those jobs!  Lol  They haven't been big on harvest of any crop this year and my sinuses don't want to go ride with them either. Taking food to them is about as close as we get! 

The girls and I have been busy moving Ellie and Molly into one room.  We bought some great bunk beds from a friend and hooked Ellie up with the same quilt and pillows as Molly (pictures to follow!).  I moved their books/toys together and some got put downstairs.  The hardest part was combining closets!  I mean really...Who bought them so much clothes and pairs of shoes???  Yikes!  Lol  I bought totes to store off season clothes under their beds and hung up summer clothes for now.  A year or so ago,I got some hangable cubbies for their shoes.  This works great for now, until their shoes get too big for cubbies!  I wanted to keep the bottom of their closet for toys and baby dolls. They have adjusted wonderfully to the move.  The best part has been setting up the nursery!  They LOVE getting out all the baby stuff!  Last weekend, every bouncy seat, carseat, changing table, crib and basinett was full of baby dolls and blankets.  :-)  This is really just another playroom until our real baby comes.  7 weeks left, yippee!!!

Random pics at home:


M &E pretending they are "coaches"

The girls didn't want to ride the semi with Grandpa T, the combine with Grandpa M or the tractor with Dad.  Really Party Poopers!  We took the guys burgers and pops for lunch while they were cutting corn.  I was hoping they would stay and "help" cut corn and I promised I would pick them up at sundown.  Hmmm, maybe next time!  Lol

Saturday, Tara and I went to the city wide garage sales bright and early in Coldwater.  Joe took the girls and they mapped out where they were going to drive the cattle the following day.  Joe has had most of the cattle up north for the summer since we were so short on grass in the pastures by our house.  This has meant he is gone at least an hour each time he goes to check them or the water. Joe and the girls took the Polaris and drove 4-5 miles across a neighboring pasture to his cousins ranch where they would work the cattle, load them in trailers and move them by our house.  The girls really enjoyed this and were tuckered out when they got home.  But I had most of the day to clean house and finish some projects.  Picture above is Joe putting out some feed for the cows.  Ellie told me "Dad feeds the cows cake.  Isn't that funny?!?"  Lol 

Sunday morning, Joe, Nathan, Randyl and Slade got up super early and drove the cattle across 4-5 miles of pasture to the Huck Ranch.  There they worked them and loaded them into trailers to bring them to their "winter home" behind our house.  They came in 3 loads with 2 trailers and the girls LOVED it!  We could hear the trailers coming down the road, then Daisy would bark at them and we would run out to the back deck.  The girls hollered at the guys and waved and waved!  The guys were good sports and waved like crazy back at them.  Daisy was kinda in a tizzy over all these bawling cows and she barked at them.  After the 3rd loads came, the cows were bawling like crazy at each other or their babies.  All the cows came from across the pasture, formed a line and headed to the water tank together.  That is the picture above!

Ellie yelled some "hello's " to the big momma cows

And they kept the well going for hours drinking down the water.  Earlier this week they moved them from the pasture behind our house to the corn stalks by Papa Tom's house.  There they will spend the winter and have their babies. 

While Joe was gone fishing, he put me on watering the trees and watering the cows duty.  While waiting for the bus to pick up Molly I would go out and turn on the water to the cow tank and start water on the trees of the day.  Joe left me a schedule of which trees to water when.   I am proud to say the trees and the cows were still standing when he got home.  I am guilty of not taking the time to step outside in the mornings and enjoy the view.  I took this picture one morning when the sprinklers were going on the backyard.  They made little rainbows across the yard.  The cows were coming up to drink and I could see lots of deer walking through the corn stalks.  It was just beautiful!

We are having a girly weekend starting tomorrow so expect some pictures of shopping, the "big girl" room and the "baby" room as we do more to them! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food