Girls Room and Girls Weekend
My parents came to visit Sunday afternoon after church, so I had the girls clean up their room. It is funny how on board they are about cleaning when company comes. Molly more so than Ellie, but they are super helpers! Sharing rooms has been so much easier than I ever thought it would be! Sometimes Ellie still calls it "Mawee's room" but Molly corrected her and says it is "our room"! :-)
Molly's on the top and Ellie is on the bottom! We were able to find the same bedding that Molly had on her twin bed so that they match.
The Little Tykes kitchen and table had to stay in their room. They cook us meals all the time! I found little hooks so they could hang up their aprons that Sara made for them. I found Molly in their kitchen yesterday pretending she was a contestant on Cupcake Wars, a show on Food Network! On the weekends, Molly and I like to watch that when Ellie is napping!
I combined their books and some craft books. The dolls have taken over the "reading chair".
The fourth wall is all closet and it was nice and organized for about a day. Thankfully we can close the doors to that! :-)
Saturday, Joe was in Manhattan at the Kstate game so the girls and I decided to go shopping in Dodge for the day. We went to Wendy's for lunch. The girls were SO good. Two different couples stopped by the table to say the girls were so well behaved. Makes a Momma proud!!! It also helps that they were STARVING and were wolfing down their food! Lol
Ellie eating her chicken nuggets and fries
The girls were power shoppers! We found some sweet little newborn outfits at JCPenneys. The girls each picked out an outfit and I found a light pink and white stripped outfit to bring her home from the hospital in. Ellie picked out a sleeper with a ballet monkey on it and Molly picked out an outfit with the tinest zebra vest over a hot pink longsleeve shirt. We can't wait to dress up our new baby! Truthfully, everything Ellie picked out was blue. Molly reminded her "we are having a girl and girls wear pink"! Hope Ellie doesn't know something we don't know or we will have lots to return! Lol
Walmart on Saturday in Dodge should be outlawed! It was so busy and so hectic that I swear I am never going back again! I am lucky to make Walmart runs after Dr appts or after meetings for work and haven't done a Saturday trip in a long time.
Hobby Lobby was my favorite stop. Sara from church is making a new bassinet cover for the Murphy family bassinet. This baby bed is over 80 years old. Joe's Grandma Gini slept in it when she was a baby and everyone since her has slept in it. I was so excited when she passed it down to us when we were expecting Molly! It is really in good shape. Someone made a yellow and white gingham cover for it at sometime. It has just shrunk over the years and would fall in on the girls when they were sleeping. Kinda scared me! So I found chocolate brown fabric with large white polka-a-dots on it and white ruffle trim and some ribbon. The bassinet is white wicker and I wanted to keep the cover gender neutral because one of these days we will pass it on to other cousins for their babies! I have to admit I will be sad to hand it over, but I am sure Grandma Gini would rather see it full of babies instead of stored in my basement! Pictures to come when the cover is made!
The best part of our trip (the girls would say) is the Wendy's frosty's we picked up on our way home! The girls had never had one and now will never forget that Wendy's serves them! I forgot how GOOD they are!
Another stop we made was at Claire's in the mall. Molly had a gift card from there. This store is just perfect for the girls! It is a girly girls heaven!!! :-) Molly picked out a Hello Kitty umbrella and some makeup that I thought was play makeup. Ummmm, no! By our last stop and many applications in the backseat, her EYEBROWS were completely BLUE!!!! We had a talk about where eye shadow goes and then I washed it off with kleenex and my cup of ice water. Ellie picked out a cute little purse/messenger bag that I thought would be great for a baby's diaper bag.
She lugs around this old purse of mine filled to the brim. So I thought a new smaller bag would be great! Nope! She said it was too small and she couldn't get her 2 baby bottles, 3 play cell phones, small stuffed kitty, handful of pacifiers, tons of jewelry, etc into the new purse. She sighed and said "I guess I will have to carry 2 bags now!" So that idea backfired! Lol
Molly has also snagged an old purse of mine. Who knows what is in her purse?!?! At least I know where to look next time my cell phone is missing!






Comments