Iron

So the pregnancy countdown right now is 29 1/2 weeks done and 10 1/2 weeks to go!!!  Or if I follow Murphy tradition maybe 11 1/2 weeks more to go!  Candy had all of her babies late and Molly and Ellie were both 5 days late.  I wouldn't mind a break in tradition this go round and have the baby a week early!  Just a week or so though, baby needs to bake as long as she can!  Our friend Suzie had her baby a week ago and Ellie asks daily when is our time to get our baby out?!  Lol 

So I went to the Dr Tuesday for my monthly appointment with Dr Cannata and it was time for the jelly bean test.  This is the glucose screening to determine if you have gestational diabetes.  Some doctors still have you drink a super sweet orange drink, but at Dr C's you get to eat a baggy full of jelly beans and then come back an hour later to give blood.  The jelly beans were red and blue this time.  I left there looking like Ellie with blue fingers! Nice!!  Yesterday I got the results back, glucose levels are good...hemoglobin levels are not so good.  Dr C wants me on more iron.  If you haven't taken iron before it is icky stuff!  Now going from 28 mg a day to 93 mg a day is going to be SUPER icky!  So I looked into iron rich foods that could help get my blood back on track (don't worry I am taking the icky black iron pills too!)  Who knew all of these wonderful, yummy foods are helping my blood so Baby #3 will grow healthy and I won't be anemic! 
Yum, but I would have to hide the spinach from the family!

We LOVE eggs and buy all of ours from the Martin's.  Farm Fresh eggs are the best!!!

No one should like prunes right???  But I LOVE those too!  Good thing since they probably should be a part of all pregnant ladies diets, especially pregnant ladies on crazy amounts of iron!  Yikes!

NO WAY on the Liver and Onions!  I will leave that to my Dad to eat, ugh!

Joe thinks this is the best option!  Good thing we have a deep freeze purchased just for a side of beef.  Steaks nightly Joe!  Oh wait, I just gained 8 lb's last month.  Lets eat chicken with spinach! 

I love these crazy looking things, but have only cooked with them when combined with cream cheese and spinach. 

Surprisingly the girls love beans!  Pintos, Northern and Butter Beans are my favorite.  Black beans are Molly's and sometimes she calls them olives.  Joe likes any beans in chili.  Ellie picks them out of things just to eat them first!  
So this iron thing won't be so bad and really after 10.5 weeks, 11.5 at the most blood should be back to normal right?  Wishful thinking!  The time has flown by with this pregnancy.  I can't believe I am ready for every other week appointments soon and then monthly!  We are working on getting the girls combined into one room.  We have the bunk beds up and Ellie's mattress was delivered yesterday.  I put her new bedding (same as Molly's quilt with butterflies/frogs on it!) on and she tried sleeping on it yesterday.  Tried...is the word!  She wiggled around for about 45 minutes, talking and getting up.  Then she asked if she could sleep in her own room!  So pillow, blankey and baby moved back with her.  No problem, we have months to make the move.  We are also making room to move their toys together and the closet will be my challenge this weekend.  Really who buys them so many shirts and shoes?  I have no idea how we will combine them!  Lol  I just want to get this stuff done now while I still have energy to do it all! 


Comments

tracy said…
we are going to put the girls in the same bedroom also! hope it works. i will be watching you for an example!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food