KC Family Trip

So last weekend, we got up super early (ok, it was only 6am, but that is early for us) and got on the road by 7:30am (thought we were doing GOOD, Joe not so happy  :-)   ).  We were KC bound!  Joe in on the CMS Electic board and had a meeting on Monday, so we went us to play for the weekend too.  The girls and I had big plans Saturday to hit Target and meet up with girlfriends Jodie and Mikaela and her hubby Jeff for dinner at Jose Peppers at 7pm.  So a pretty open schedule!  Joe on the other hand had a Tee Time at LionsGate at 3:00.  So we needed to HURRY and limit bathroom stops and eat a quick lunch!!!  I am proud to say we pulled into the Marriott at 1:00!  Yayyyy, Good Job Murphy girls and pregnant Momma!  I was super excited to get a unexpected text from a friend and her little girl to meet for a play date Saturday afternoon.  So our uneventful, nap filled afternoon turned into a busy, fun filled, memorable afternoon!


We went to an indoor playground in Olathe called Monkey Bizness.  It was fun!  Overpriced for sure, but in the air conditioning so I didn't care what I paid.  Molly played on big blow up slides and the little girls played on Little Tykes jungle gyms and tunnels!  We played and chatted for 3 hours!  I had some worn out kiddos, but it was well worth it!

The girls and I hurried back to the hotel to freshen up in the 15 minutes we had before meeting friends for dinner.  We went to one of my girlfriends and I favorite places when we lived in KC...Jose Peppers!  They have some of the best Mexican Food and the BEST cheese dip!  My girls agreed and I think they had only chips and dip for dinner.  I let them get by with that, we had had no naps after all!!!!  After dinner, was immediate bedtime for all!  Oh wait, not me!  I can't sleep lately, might have something to do with being 6 months pregnant with sciatic nerve issues and acid reflux.  Blahhhh!

Sunday morning, I had booked an appointment for the girls to get their pictures done.  I would like to get pics done when Baby#3 gets here and have the entire family in the picture.  But for now, I need pics of Ellie that were current.  Her last photo shoot was done before she could walk!  Lol, Bad Momma Bad!  So they got up and got dressed in their cute dresses.  Molly was all pumped to get her pictures done.  She had poses picked out!  Ellie had already told me she wasn't going to smile, of course!  The photographer we got was wonderful!  She had us all laughing, even Ellie!  Here are a few of the pictures...




After photos we worked up an appetite!  Thankfully this photography studio is right behind the Cheesecake Factory!!!!  One of my FAVORITE restaurants! 

The girls loved the kids pizzas!

And I loved my Chicken Picatta and Joe had a steak!

After a long nap for all (except Molly), we hit the hotel pool. 

The girls loved playing in the outdoor pool and it was so relaxing!

We called in dinner from our favorite Chinese restaurant.  Joe picked it up while the girls were bathing.  Now we know that the girls do NOT like Chinese food!  No rice, no noodles, no chicken!  Thank goodness for the leftover pizza from lunch in our fridge! 


They entertained themselves by playing hide-and-go-seek forever.  Ellie is a great hider!!!!

So bad, but I let them make a trail of pillows and they ran on them pretending alligators were going to get them.  Lol  Amazing how entertained they can be in one room without toys or TV!

Monday was Joe's meeting.  I made plans to meet my friend Staci from high school to go shopping with her two daughters and mine.  We met at OakPark mall for some girly time and lunch!

Her daughters are Mya (6) and Jillian (4).  Staci is the reason I have this blog!  I loved her blog so much that I thought I had to start one of my own.  Check Staci out here, if you want too!  We found lots of cute clothes to start school with, had lunch at Panera, cookies for dessert and even rode the carousel!

Ellie on the dolphin at the carousel! 

Joe's meeting got done around 3:30.  We picked him up and made a fast trip back home with only 2 stops!  Again, very proud of the Murphy girls.  Dad would make it a "non stop flight" if it was up to him!  At least he didn't recommend me limiting my water intake on the way home, lol!  The best Ellie ate all weekend was when we stopped in Goddard at Taco Bell (their choice!) on the way home!  Those girls can spot a Taco Bell sign anywhere!  Great little family trip, we need to do it more often!!!!

Comments

Sara said…
Sounds like a great weekend! My stomach is growling just reading about all those yummy places you ate!
tracy said…
all the pictures (including the ones you took) of the girls turned out adorable. have i missed the post with the name of baby #3??? hope you are doing great! aren't you glad for the cooler weather and rain!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food