Big Sisters
So I have been thinking lately about how helpful Molly was when Ellie was born. She ADORED "her baby"! I had seen other friends that had babies and their first borns weren't too happy about it, but thankfully Molly was thrilled and so proud of her "Ellie Gace". She would introduce strangers to her baby at Wal-mart. Which has lead me to wonder...How helpful she will be at 5 years old compared to 2 1/2 years old? I think she will be a super big sister! And then there is Ellie Grace, who will have just turned 3 when Baby #3 arrives. For those of you that don't know Ellie, she is a little mother! She ALWAYS has a baby and blanket with her! She is always telling us to be quiet her baby is sleeping! Stacy, at daycare, says she is the best little mother there and even has a baby that she has adopted as her own. One little friend used to meet us at the door with Ellie's baby, so she could take care of it.
So today when I was moving some pictures around on my computer for work I came across a file called Molly & Ellie. I knew this file was the pictures at the hospital and the first few days at home with our new baby. I got misty eyed and thought I had to share. Needless to say, both girls have grown up tons in the last 2 1/2 years. I almost forget how little they were.
Molly the day before Ellie was born. She got her 1st haircut and we went out for pizza for lunch.
Molly came to visit at the hospital with Gma Candy and Papa Tom. Her shirt says "I'm the Big Sister!"
Oh my, was she so excited about her new baby!
The day we came home with Ellie. Ok, maybe not everyone was so happy. Poor Ellie! That was a very hard day! We were thrilled to be out of the hospital, but figuring out our new life with Baby Ellie was hard. Molly was clingy and tearful, I was tearful too and Ellie, well she just needed me.
Molly would lay and talk to Ellie on her bed
Thanksgiving at Grandma Candy's. Molly was babysitting I think! Lol Cousin Carter was 3 weeks old and Ellie was 1 week old at that Thanksgiving. I think sharing Grandma and Grandpa was harder then sharing Mom and Dad for Molly!
If you can't tell by Molly and Ellie's faces, Ellie is bawling!
I remember this day like it was yesterday. I went out to the garage to bring in some Christmas presents from the car. Ellie needed to eat and she was screaming. Molly got her step stool, sat down beside her and read her a book. Bless her heart she always wanted to help make Ellie happy! Of course, I took a picture and then feed the starving baby, who doesn't do that???? Lol Sara, if you read this...I know you would have grabbed your camera first too! :-)
One of my favorite pictures. Molly holding Ellie at the hospital.
So 3 years ago, this was me pregnant with Baby #2 and my little helper!
This summer this is me pregnant with Baby #3 and my TWO little helpers! I can't wait to meet our new baby and see how much her big sisters adore her! 25 weeks down...14 to go! It is flying by!!!!










Comments