Cuchara Vacation Day#1

I am so behind on blogging, but a few weeks ago we went on our annual Colorado trip with all the Murphy's.  I shouldn't say All, there were half that couldn't make it and we were bummed to not have them.  Our trip was kind of on hold for a while, since a good friend of the family passed away in a car accident.  We couldn't miss his funeral, so plans were changed a bit so we could be back early for Boyd's funeral.  That's a whole other post in it's self.  Our little town is still in shock over loosing him, he will be greatly missed!

Usually I have great RV travel pictures, but since Jen and her family and Doug couldn't come we just took two vehicles out.  It worked out great for this pukey person, since I don't get car sick if I drive.  Pregnant = NO motion sickness patch.  But I got along just fine driving!

We left KS on Thursday and we left behind the 100+ temps!  Both girls asked 100+ times "Are we there yet?" and "Where is Papa at?" and "What is that girls name?"(Ben's girlfriend Tracy came with us)!  Ellie declared outside of Dodge City that she wanted to go back to her house, but stopping for potty breaks and getting pop and candy got us all there!  :-) 

The view of the mountains in the cool CO weather!  Beautiful and so relaxing!


First Stop!  Ice Cream Cones at Charlie's Market in LaVeta

The first night at the condo we go to the Dog Bar and Grill in Cuchara.  They have great food and we like to get a t-shirt from there each year.  I have to say, with this being our 4th year out there we have all the colors of the toddler/youth shirts.  So the girls opted for Cuchara shirts instead, But I was SUPER excited to see that the Dog Bar makes baby onesies now.  So Baby #3 has a light yellow onesie waiting for her!  I asked if they had maternity shirts and the sales lady (college age!) laughed and said "No"!  Oh well, I got a new piece of pottery from a store down the mountain in La Veta. 

Ellie and I waiting patiently (ok, not so patiently) for our food!  The girls and Joe shared pizza and I had a grilled portabello mushroom sandwich.  Yum yum! 

Ben and Tracy at the Dog Bar

We about melting down after our travels and late night at the restaurant.  The girls happily jumped into the bunk beds at the condo to sleep.   I am even thinking about getting them bunk beds for their room since they liked them so much!  We had to get rested up for our big day of shopping on Friday in Pueblo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food