Harvest 2011
Yet another year of harvest pictures!!!! I can't help it, I kinda like harvest. Given I do NOTHING to help with harvest, besides bringing an occasional meal or water bottle to the field. And I am picky about which field that will be. The fields south of Coldwater...you are on your own! Lol Too far down there and I really don't even know how to get there. The rest are around Protection and the girls usually like to go and ride. Well this year, Molly protested. She was NOT riding on the tractor or the combine. Only the semi! Ellie is game for anything, she likes to go ride with Joe and check cattle and irrigation too. Friday, Ellie went out with Joe and rode the tractor with the grain cart. I called after a few hours to check on her and Joe said she had fallen asleep in the semi on the way to unload at the Co-op. So he brought her home, we took pictures of her sleeping so soundly on the arm rest of the chair and then I took her home so she could pester Aunt Gracie. :-)
Wednesday and Thursday we took dinner to Joe while he was cutting wheat and here are some pictures we took while waiting for him to come in from the field and then with him too. I talked the girls into one trip around on the combine and Molly decided it was alright! My sinuses didn't think it was alright at all! Baby Wally (as Aunt Gracie calls Baby #3) prevents me from taking any decongestants or sinus meds and the wheat dust about killed me this year!
Another harvest over... well until is it is time to cut soybeans and corn. The guys got the wheat in just in time for some rain and hail out here on Saturday. Others in the county weren't so lucky and lost some wheat to the hail. Glad its done though, we get Dad back and I can breath out of my nose now! :-)






Comments