K-State Weekend

Last week, we got a call from a friend that had 4 tickets to the Kstate vs Iowa St basketball game. The girls have never been to a Kstate basketball game, only football games.  They were excited to go to the game and to see Gracie, Ben and Ken!  We picked up Joe on Friday afternoon and took off to Manhattan!  Of course we only made it to Greensburg before the girls needed their first bathroom stop.  I think Joe has realized now with 3 girls in the car, he isn't going to get anywhere fast!  Lol     

The girls travelled really well and we only heard "Are we there yet?" a dozen or so times!

We got to Manhattan with time to spare before dinner.  We went to the mall to return some of Molly's clothes (she is just too skinny!  Lol).  Molly has really grown up!  She used to cry in the dressing room when I would have her try on pants, now she danced around the GAP dressing room checking herself out in the mirror!  I just couldn't get the right size of skinny jeans for her...well who knew they make Super Skinny jeans and that is what finally fit.  In a 6 SLIM!  Molly also had a Claire's gift card to spend.  That store is a girly girls dream come true!  She got a Princess diary (with a real key!!!) and a big girl necklace that had an Oreo cookie on it.  She has been wanting a necklace that clasps in the back like mine, not on elastic thread!  The girls threw pennies in the fountain (picture above).  After shopping, we met Gracie, Morgan, Ben and Ken out for Mexican food!  The girls were super silly and we all had some good laughs!  Nothing better than Chips/Salsa, a Margarita and good company!
Everyone was up super early Saturday morning, which is surprising since we stayed up playing at Gracie's Friday night and more playing when we got to Ken's house to stay the night.  We met Gracie and her friend Kayley for breakfast at Early Edition.  Which is the best breakfast restaurant in Manhattan!  So good!  Then off to the game.  Joe had said we were in Sec 14, Row 1.  I thought surely we aren't the 1st row, but was hoping we weren't the very top row either.  We kept going down the stadium and made it to our seats...the very first row under the basket! Great tickets Ken!  Call us anytime those come available again! 

Molly by our seats, with the press and Classy Cats dancers in front of us.
Ellie clapping with the band!
SO excited to be here!!!!

Joe and Ellie - We got there early if you can't tell!  But the stadium filled up fast.

Gracie and Kayley had tickets in the student section.  Gracie asked if Molly could set with them.  So Molly walked over to met Gracie.  They hung out and took pictures for awhile.  I doubt there are many 4 year olds in the student section, huh?  Sorry for the blur, I had to really zoom to get this picture.

The girls had room to stand and dance.  We had a very nice lady next to us that thought they were cute and didn't mind when Ellie told her all about how she wears big girl panties!  Lol

The coolest part of the WHOLE game????  Willie the Wildcat came by us and gave Molly a high five!  Ellie waved at him until he got too close and then she was hiding on my shoulder.  Really wish I had gotten a picture of Molly and Willie, but the crying toddler on my shoulder held me back.  Next time!

Picture by Kayley - Molly in the student section with a crazy big head of the coach.  She called him "Franklin Big Head"  Lol!  No one is sure where she came up with Franklin!

Picture by Kayley- Look close...see all of us? 

Picture by Kayley-  Ahhhh, two of my favorite girls!


Us Murphy's we LOVE our popcorn! 
After the game the girls were looking down on the court.  Ellie and I spent the last 7 minutes (game time) looking out those doors.  By 2:30 without a nap and setting for most of the game, she was ready to "run around" as she would say.  We met other little friends out there running around too. 

We headed back after the game.  It made for a busy weekend, but was so nice to have all day Sunday at home!  Ellie was so tired and the last two hours home were pretty rough!  May not be able to tell it, but those are tears.  We wish Manhattan wasn't such a long drive, we would go back more often.  It was such a fun weekend!  I asked Molly yesterday what her favorite part of our trip was and she said "The ball game and Gracie"!  Ahhhh!  I agree!  Morgan, Ben and Ken, it was good to see you too, but Gracie always wins! 
* Another perk was that I had told my college friend Lindsay that I was going to the game.  Lindsay and I had all of our classes together and she did her internship at the Riverwalk Marriott in San Antonio with me.  I haven't seen her since her wedding, before we moved to Protection.  It was nice to see her and her hubby Chris even for a few minutes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food