Sunshine & Trifles




So all of this sunshine just makes me HAPPY!  There is something about opening up your windows and playing at the park until sundown (6:30 on the dot) that just perks you up!  We have been meeting friends at the park the last two nights and it has made us ready for longer days and warmer weather!


Joe took the girls to the park Wednesday night and  I met them there.  Two other girlfriends and their 4 kiddos were there too.  Everyone played so good together.  We actually sat on the benches and chatted, instead of chasing toddlers on the big jungle gym or keeping them from eating mulch.  We are getting so grown up!  ;-) 


Ellie couldn't stop for a picture, she was on the move to another toy!

Molly was digging to China with Kodie and Reece

Just some random Ellie pictures I found on my camera...

Ellie's new haircut last week.  She is watching the ballgame or might just be zoning out from not taking a nap.  Lol

Going to check the "Moo's" with Dad!  Molly's 1st pair of John Deere boots fit Ellie now!   Aunt Jen and Uncle Jake gave those to her for her 3rd birthday.  Ellie was 7 months old at that party.  Now she is wearing those boots, time has flown by!  Just seems like yesterday I was packing those boots in the totes downstairs because they were too small for Molly. 

Wanted to share a easy recipe I took to church a few weeks ago!  My Mom gave me a trifle bowl for Christmas.  I have wanted one for year.   I love the look of layers of cake, pudding, fruit/candy topped with whipped topping! Yum yum!  So I made a Peanut Butter Trifle for a church lunch.  They always eat up new recipes and the kids liked this lots!

Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle Recipe


PEANUT BUTTER TRIFLE
1 Brownie Mix, makes 13x9 sized pan
2 boxes Vanilla pudding, instant
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cartons Cool Whip
1-2 bags of mini Reece's Cups
 
Make Brownie's according to the box, let cool.  Cut cooled brownies into small cubes.  Make Vanilla  pudding according to the box, stir in the peanut butter.  Gently fold in 1 carton of Cool Whip to the PB Pudding.  Let your 4 year old unwrap the Reece's Cups and try to get her not to eat every other one!  Roughly chop those up (like into 4th).  Reserve some for the garnish!!!
 
In your trifle dish, layer 1/3 brownie cubes on  bottom.  Next 1/3 of the PB pudding.  1/3 of the Peanut Butter cups.  Repeat until all layered.  Top with the other carton of Cool Whip and more chopped Reece's cups.  Best when made the night before.  I know I thought this was weird, so I assembled mine the day of the lunch.  But we found that the leftovers were best the next day or day after that!  It is very rich, so a little goes a long way.  The original recipe said to put peanut butter chips in the brownies before baking, but i thought that would be overkill...not that this isn't overkill already!  Lol  Enjoy!!!  Next trifle will be cake and berries!  Oh yeahhhhh!

Comments

Sara said…
Ellie is just getting so big! Seems like once they start to out-grow the baby phase, they just take off like weeds. And I am definitely going to be putting a trifle dish on my birthday list...that sounds delicious!
Kelli Wait said…
The trifle looks delicious. Have you seen the recipe for the peanut butter cup cookie? It is literally 2 ingredients. Of course yours has pudding and you can't go wrong with pudding!
Megan B said…
I've been meaning to buy a trifle bowl. That dessert looks amazing!

I can't believe how big both girls are getting! Time really does fly.

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food