A Little Taste of Spring

Yesterday the City of Protection was without water from 8-2 to do repairs to a water line.  So school was cancelled and so was daycare.  But what a beautiful day to have to stay home!!!  Joe stayed home in the morning and took the girls to get Bug Juice at the Quick Shop, visit the bank (and get stickers!), try to track down Jack (aka the KU boy) and chat with him about the K-state over KU victory and went out to check the cattle (we have 1 baby calf now!). 

I came home for the afternoon and after Ellie's nap, we played and played outside!


Molly wanted to drive the Gator.  She walked in what little snow was left in our yard, while in flip flops and a tshirt of course1

Ellie just wanted to swing on the swing set!  Her favorite outside activity!

Molly started up the hill and the Gator didn't have enough battery left to get it up the hill.  I watched her get out and stand there and ponder...How do I get it up the hill?

Then she started pushing!  What a little problem solver!  Don't worry, I ran and helped her.  The Gator charged all night and is ready for riding today!

The girls and I took the Polaris Ranger across the pasture to Tom and Candy's house to feed their cats while they are gone.  We got to the middle of the pasture and I slowed down to cross the creek/pond and heard a jingle,jingle.  There was Daisy, running behind us.  So I loaded her up in the Ranger too!  She rode along really well to Grandpa's house.  I was afraid she would eat their cats or jump in their fish pond. 

Molly took the pictures while we were driving along.  We finished the night with blowing bubbles and getting out gardening tools!  We are SO ready for spring.  I love evenings of yard work, BBQing with friends and kids playing outside until the sun goes down! 

Comments

Megan B said…
The Gator looks like so much fun! I need to keep that in the back of my mind for the future.

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food