Sickos

I have decided that I have bragged about the girls being so healthy too much!  I don't know how many times daycare has been sick, or friends/family and we haven't been.  Well not lately, our friends have shared with us.  It started last month, when Ellie came down with the stomach flu the day we were leaving for Manhattan for Uncle Ben's college graduation.  We were so excited!  Molly had big dreams of what Kstate's graduation was going to be.  We were leaving early to get in some shopping.  Minutes before we left, Ellie lost her breakfast on my bathroom floor.  Ut Oh, plans stopped...we waited a few hours.  She ran around the house and ate and drank.  All seemed fine, so we packed up after lunch and got 1/2 mile from our house and Ellie got sick again.  Back we went and E and I stayed home and M and Joe went with Tom and Candy to Manhattan.  My worry was that Molly would get sick while gone and it happened.  Her sickness was short lived and she was good to go the next day for graduation.  Ellie and I are still bummed (well I am!) that we missed Ben's big day and some Aggieville time!  :-)

Since then, Joe and I have had the stomach bug.  Ellie had 3 weeks of snot, coughs, earaches, etc before I took her in for antibiotics.  She loves that pink stuff you keep in the fridge!  This last Sunday, Molly got the stomach stuff again!  Hopefully we are all over this stuff for the winter!


The girls bundled up (minus pants for Ellie, of course) and played with their babies.

Last week, Joe went to California with Jake to visit his college roomie Clint.  Clint lives in San Diego and does construction projects out there.  He majored in Construction Science at Kstate.  He took them around to see some of the projects they did out there.  His company has a condo on a golf course in Palm Springs, so they spent some time down there golfing.  We were jealous of the 70 degree days he was having, while we kept the fireplace going full blast back home!  But we kept ourselves entertained.  We made cookies, spent an evening with Slade and Suzie playing with their boys, even rode the Gator Saturday since it turned into a pretty nice day.  Ellie wanted to drive, so she sat in the drivers seat and Molly pushed the gas and steered.  Ellie took off a few times by herself, I had to pull the Gator backwards at one point when she was inches from the garage wall.  Molly drove down the road a bit, but the battery was wearing out so we headed up the drive.  It quit at the bottom of the hill, so Molly and I pushed Ellie on the Gator up the hill.  It was a workout!!!  Lol

I was putting Ellie to bed Thursday night and our conversation went like this...
Ellie:  Daddy on Airplane!!!
Me:  Yup, where did he go?
Ellie:  To Enchilada...play football
Me: You mean California to golf?
Ellie:  Ok.
Me:  LOL!!!!

Too funny!  Enchilada? California?  Same thing, right?


Sunday after church (which Ellie went to her 1st Sunday School!!!  She has always cried and came upstairs to my class) the girls brought all of their babies and stuffed animals into the living room and lined them up.  Ellie laid down with them too.

Ellie and her babies!  She still LOVES her babies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food