Favorite New things
Thursday morning we headed for Wichita to trade off our "lemon" car. We had our Ford Edge for 2 years, 36,400 miles, 2 heaters, 1 strut and 1 new battery. We decided to get rid of it since our warranty was up at 36,000 miles. I liked the car and it was a good size for us to zip around town in. We did some looking online and thought a Jeep Commander was what we wanted, but with one look inside them we knew that wouldn't work for us. I think my Ford Edge had more room than that car. So we looked and looked at other cars and the girls tested out the backseats. Molly wanted the Durango with the headphones in it, but we test drove a Honda Pilot and really liked it. Both girls fell asleep during the test drive with the car salesman (woman) in between them. What a sight! So we left Wichita, Thursday night, with a silver Honda Pilot. The 3rd row seat is nice for the extra room and it seems to drive really nicely! Ellie has been asking daily where Momma's car is at! All I know is that we will (hopefully) never car shop with two small children again! Way too long of a day, lets just say it ended with a complete meltdown at the Davis Moore dealership. But I don't blame them, I was tired and hungry too!
Before car shopping we hit Jason's Deli for lunch and went to visit Grandma Gini too. Jen and I put together a calendar for all the grandparents of pictures of the grand kids. We took Gini's calendar to her and helped her hang it on her wall! I think she really liked it. I don't know that she remembered us, probably Joe, but not the girls. But regardless, she enjoyed them. They were completely comfortable around her and climbed on her bed and danced around for her. We miss seeing her since she is in Wichita now!
Now for some Christmas Favorites:
Molly got this bed tent from Grandma Jeanette and Grandpa Kent. She has slept in it every night and the cousins played under there on New Years Eve!
Speaking of beds, I changed Ellie's crib into a toddler bed. They played and played on it last night. Then bedtime came...not so easy! She wasn't upset or running around, she just kept getting up and playing with her toys in her room. I found her 4 different times playing with her kitchen, her babies, pushing the toy shopping cart,etc. Finally she fell asleep! Then fell out of bed at 1:30am and 3:30am, came to our bed at 5:00ish and got in bed with us, then at 6:00ish she wanted to go back to her own bed. Let's just hope tonight involves more sleep and I think I will be ordering a bed rail that fits a crib! :-) She is so excited about it and so proud that she is in a big girl bed I can't put the side back on the crib.
The girls got a few pairs of new pajama's, which they LOVE! New jammies are the best gift ever! Ellie is sporting the cute little monster jammies and they really like the S'mores PJ's from my parents. Matching is so cool to them right now, we will see at what age that ends! :-)
Ellie loves her new Puma's; especially since she can take them on and off by herself!
Molly got some new boot
Kate sent her some tools to play with her Play Dough, super cool!
Gma and Gpa Murphy got Ellie a Mickey Mouse camper. Which goes great with her new Minnie Mouse movie and songs that cousin Mya sent to Ellie!
And MY favorite thing I used my Christmas money for was a NEW PHONE! It is a Motorola Droid and it does everything. As you can see, Molly can do more on it than me! She plays Memory, does puzzles, plays connect the dots, colors, plays Tic-Tac-Toe and works on her numbers and letters. I like that it has Internet access and lots of cool Apps. I guess Ellie dropping my old phone in the toilet wasn't such a bad thing, huh? Lol
Joe got lots of new gifts,but sorry Joe I didn't take your pictures with them. I know he was excited for Christmas money and money gift cards this year since he leaves the end of next week for California to golf with college friends and his brother-in-law Jake! Who knows what us girls will do without Dad for 5 days??? Probably eat lots of things Dad doesn't like, such as Corn Dogs, Cheese Quesadillas and Rice. We will probably start bad habits like all sleeping in my bed too! :-) I am heading north this weekend for a little visit to Gracie while she is still on Christmas Break. We are planning some shopping, lots of eating and maybe a few good margaritas! Shopping and eating without kids??? Watch out Gracie, I might put you in the cart and cut up your food. Sorry, its just habit! :-)


Comments