Cinnamon Apples
*This was a phone pictures sent to Gracie to make her drool! Lol*
I remember as a small child hanging out at Great Grandma Crisler's house while my mom helped Great Grandma make these Cinnamon Apples. Then my Grandma Crisler started making these, then my Aunt Sandy made them. They just make me think of the holidays and I love them! I got the recipe this year from Grandma Crisler and made them Saturday night to take to the church lunch. Some of my apples fell apart, I will have to try again to make them as pretty as Grandma and Sandy's apple were! You will have to try them out for your family and make them a family tradition just like ours! Luckily the girls and Joe didn't want any of them and I got all the leftovers! Yum Yum!
Cinnamon Apples
3lb Jonathan apples peeled, cored and quartered ( I used Granny Smith)
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
1 cup Red Hots
Simmer the sugar, water and Red Hots until the Red Hots dissolve in a deep saucepan. Add apples and let simmer 30-40 minutes over medium heat until nice and red. Stir occasionally to get all the apples in the sauce, but not too much or they will break up! When tender and red, lift out with a slotted spoon and put in your serving dish. These are best when cold! Enjoy!!

Comments