Jack O Lanterns
Every year, we buy pumpkins and they set on the front porch, look pretty and festive, then they freeze, rot and I eventually throw them away into the pasture. I don't think I have carved a pumpkin since we lived in town and I was pregnant with Molly. Geez, what a slacker! Lol Well this year we picked out pumpkins at the pumpkin patch and had to carve them. We waited until Aunt Gracie came to visit, so she could help us!
So we laid out newspaper and got our sharp knifes ready. Gracie is super crafty and has done some really cool pumpkins in the past . She helped Molly, who thought the pumpkin guts were SO gross!
I helped Ellie, who thought the pumpkin guts were GREAT!!! She spooned them out herself...
She ate some of the flesh (raw)...
Then she put all the guts and seeds back into the pumpkin!
I am not crafty, so this was a good as it gets. But Ellie seemed to like it! :-)
Molly wanted her pumpkin to have a a loose tooth. Good job Gracie! We have a few more pumpkins, I think I will let the girls color them with markers. We will make sure the pumpkins are pretty when we throw them out into the pasture this year!!!!
Comments