Apples Apples and Apples

Last weekend we borrowed Tara's super duper apple peeler and went to work on the apples from Grandpa Merle's apple tree!  I am so glad I have a friend with handy gadgets!  I may never return them!  Lol 

It was so easy to work that Molly even turned the handle for a few apples!

Our 1st recipe was homemade applesauce!  I think it turned out great, but Molly doesn't really like cinnamon so she wouldn't eat it.  I will have to try another batch without cinnamon.  It tasted like a big bowl of apple pie without the crust!  I used a recipe I found off of Melanie's Blog and it turned out great!

It even looked like real applesauce, I put ours in the blender to get it really smooth.  Molly informed me she likes the kind in the jar better.  Of course she does, right???  LOL

Then we peeled more apples and made Grandma JoAnn's apple crisp recipe!  You will have to try it, it doesn't get any better than this!  It needs to go away because I can't stay out of it!

6 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Topping:
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cup oatmeal
1 stick butter, melted
1 stick margarine, melted

*Toss apples with lemon and cinnamon, put in 13x9 baking dish.  Combine topping and sprinkle over top of apples.  Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes until golden and bubbly!  Eat with ice cream is the best, but room temp for breakfast the next day is wonderful too! Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food