Happy Father's Day

The girls made Joe stepping stones with their hand prints in them for Father's Day.  This was our first experience with this and it was trickier than I thought it would be!  We found a kit at Wal-mart and it came with enough cement for 4 stones.  So I mixed enough for one and had Molly put her hand print in it, it had already set up!!!  So I pushed and pushed on her hand and we finally got a print.  So with Ellie I added more water and had her right there to put her hand in it.  The first try with Ellie she grabbed a handful of cement, so I got her to drop it and smoothed it out again.  So by the time that was done it was setting too, but we kinda got a print.  It was enough for me to paint their prints so they were visible!  They turned out pretty cute and Joe was surprised!  We also made him a batch of his favorite cookie, Chocolate with Peanut Butter Chips!


I promised to make a Father's Day dinner, but since Joe was in the wheat field it will have to wait.  I have never attempted Chicken Fried Steaks and since we have a side of beef in our basement now I must learn to cook with cube steak!  Lol  Oh goodness and I will have to learn how to make gravy!  I love to cook, but this isn't something I have ever made.  I will report back on how it goes!  Wish me luck! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food