Easter 2010
I am kinda behind on blogging, but we have had a lot going on! Easter weekend we had a house full! Jesse, Julie and Kate came out Friday evenings. The girls were so excited to have Kate come stay at our house! Julie and I drove over to Coldwater to pick up pizza for dinner. Gracie and Morgan got to town later Friday night. The evening flew by and before we knew it, it was midnight and the only one asleep was Ellie. I think Molly and Kate would have stayed up playing all night if we would have let them. It was so nice setting up late chatting with my siblings!
Molly and Kate drawing after bathtime
Saturday morning we took the girls (the sleep deprived girls!) to the Easter Egg Hunt in town. Did I mention the girls stayed up way too late? Bad idea, they were tired and cranky and a little tearful! The kids are divided up by age, so Joe took Ellie to her area and she got to work picking up eggs. She even had a little friend giving her eggs, Thanks Cass!
Kate and Molly went to the "preschoolers" area. I don't know if there were just extra kids or if the girls didn't dive right in, but they only got a few eggs a piece. Which didn't help with the sadness!
Oh no, sad little faces! Julie acted quick though and said we would having another Easter Egg hunt at our house later that day. So we got home and stuffed plastic eggs with candy and hid them. They hunted and then rehid the eggs for Ellie to hunt again. I think that made up for not getting many earlier that morning. We all had lunch and and the girls went down for MUCH needed naps!
At 3am, Saturday morning Joe got up to put a pork shoulder on the smoker for pulled pork. Later that day, they added ribs and sausage. We had roasted potatoes, salad, corn, spinach dip, french bread, pies, etc. We are never lacking in food when we all get together! Joe took the guys on a ride through the pastures on the Polaris Ranger while we were napping/egg hunting.
The girls died eggs Saturday afternoon. Ellie got to draw on hers with the wax crayon, but we dipped them for her. The girls made beautiful eggs, wish I would have gotten a picture of them afterwards!
Sunday morning we all got up and around to go to church. I was amazed at how well we all got around with 5 extra people at our house. The girls sat so good during church, well Ellie had to be taken out but that is a weekly occurance!
The big girls were laughing at Ellie. She was being so silly! After lunch, everyone packed up and headed back to their homes. We had such a fun time. I just wish everyone lived closer!
Comments