Girls Weekend!

Joe was in Montezuma for the weekend at a memorial hunting trip for a friend from college that passed away.  The guys go back each January for the hunting trip with Jeremy's dad and then in the summer they do a golf tournament in Jeremy's memory.  Can't believe he has been gone 7 years!

The girls and I started our "girls weekend" off with a "kid friendly" meal of hot dogs and french fries.  Sometimes I wonder why I cook from scratch when they don't eat it and they clear their plates when I serve them hot dogs.  I bought Turkey dogs to make this kid friendly meal healthier!  :-)  After dinner, we watched Cinderella (twice!)!  Thanks Erica for letting us borrow your movie.  We just don't buy movies, but need to get some Disney movies for the girls. 


Saturday morning we got up and around to head to Dodge with Tara and Cooper.  I was getting ready and letting the girls watch cartoons.  I found them laying together on my bed, watching TV.  Molly was holding Ellie, while she drank her bottle.  Yes, she is still on the bottle.  I am getting serious again about getting rid of that beloved thing! Soon.

So we packed up and left town (only an hour behind schedule!) at 10am.  Before we left town, Molly had already went through a pack of crackers and the little one's each had a bag of fruit snacks.  Tara and I had a mission!  As long as we got to the dry cleaners and had a good lunch, we didn't care how the rest of the day went.  We did both of those things, stopping at El Charros for some good Mexican food.  Sorry to the waitstaff for all the rice on the floor/tables.  We had some messy eaters, but at least they were eating!  :-)

After lunch we headed to the mall.  Molly pushed Ellie in the stroller and was thrilled to pick out footed PJ's for both of them.  Molly has always wanted footed one-piece jammies like Ellie has.  Molly also got to pick out something at Claire's.  She has never been in that store and was in Girly Heaven!  She wanted EVERYTHING there!  She picked out flip flop house slippers, surprise surprise!  So after throwing pennies in the fountain and making a wish we headed off to Walmart! 

Well you can't get out of Walmart in less than a few hours.  Remember we live an hour from a Walmart, you have to soak it all in when you get there!  Lol!  By this time it is 3:00 and no one has had naps.  We are still truckin right along and NO meltdowns!  Ellie starts laying her head down on the shopping cart and Molly is wanting everything that we pass!  We check out before anyone gets too sad and head for the car.  So glad Tara and I think on the same line...after an afternoon of shopping with kids, we need a pop and a snack.  So off to Sonic we went before heading out of town.  Molly was lucky enough to get a drink and snack too, since she was still awake.  Ellie and Cooper fell asleep just driving across town to Sonic.   Molly had to stop to go to the bathroom before we left town.  I helped her out of the back of Tara's car.  We put her in the 3rd row seat behind the babies.  Don't worry she could still see the DVD player!  As I got Molly out around Ellie, I noticed there was something on Ellie's neck.  All over Ellie's neck.  Could it be?  It was brown with white things in it.  Oh goodness!  It was...A M&M!  Melted in her neck, lol!  I was just thinking how clean Ellie is when she eats M&M's.  How did it stick on her neck and when she was sleeping it melted.  Oh well, nothing a wet wipe and  a bath at home didn't cure.  I would take chocolate messes anyday!


Molly was trying to get Ellie to stand back-to-back with her to see who was taller.  Lol! 


Check out the NEW footed one piece MONKEY pajamas!  Too funny!  The shopping trip was a success and we will do it again soon.  Our only problem was that after getting 3 kids in carseats in the car, 2 strollers and a cooler for groceries...that doesn't leave much room for shopping bags.  We might have to take a trailer next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food