Weekend back in Wellington
Last weekend, the girls and I travelled back to Wellington. It was an unexpected trip for an unexpected funeral. A family friend, Jim Ricketts, passed away. Jim and my dad have been friends for as long as I can remember. Many fishing trips, evenings of my parents and Jim and his wife playing cards (while we were supposed to be in bed) and every Christmas Jim would bring out a birthday card for Seth and the two family would exchange baskets of homemade goodies. Last night, I grabbed a Strawberry Crush at the store and we drank it in honor of Jim. I remember how he would have this pop in his cooler when we went fishing as kids. I don't know if he brought it for himself or for us, but we drank it! :-) I can say I don't think I have had it since then. He will be missed!
It was sad to come back for a funeral, but good to see everyone that was back. Jesse, Julie and Kate and Seth, Brianne and baby Raina were back. Molly has now named all of her baby dolls "Baby Raina" after her newest cousin! Molly and Kate played SO good together and Ellie tried to join in the big girl fun.
The Crisler grandkids (minus Mya)!
Kate age 5 , Molly age 3, Ellie age 10 months and Raina age 1 month
Comments