Oh Ellie...

For years, I have been hearing my siblings say that my nieces make "Hilary Faces". My girls have never made "Hilary Faces" until now. There are pictures of me when we were babies with my face all scrunched up in a big smile, usually with a hat on. Lol! Well now Ellie makes the "Hilary Face".

Usually you can't even see her eyes when she smiles. Too funny!

Man did we have a bad bedtime last night. Ellie is ALWAYS so easy to get to bed. Bottle, 2 songs and lay her down. She puts herself to sleep, not a peep out of her. Well last night I chose putting Ellie down and Joe put Molly to sleep. Ellie is always quicker to get to bed and I had lots to do to get ready for today. With Molly you have a book, all the songs she knows, bathroom again, more milk please, tuck in again and again, etc.
Oh Ellie... she must have remembered that she could roll over and stand up in her bed. I laid her down and she giggled, flipped over and was up before I was out the door. I would lay her down over and over, trying to cover her up before she jumped up. She just laughed. Joe could hear her in the living room just laughing (at me!). I would have left her in there to finally cry it out, but as you can tell by the pictures her mattress is still up too high and I was afraid she would fall out. I almost called Aunt Jen, because she is a pro at hard bedtimes. Carter used to do this to her. In the beginning she thought it was funny and was bouncing to the music, but then it got tearful. So I cracked, Ellie and I went and laid down in my bed to watch the recorded Grey's Anatomy. She fell asleep instantly! Little monster! I have bragged on her too much, no more! Good Luck Grandma Candy, you get her tonight! :-)

She was bouncing and smiling at this point!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food