Relaxing Weekend
Friday night Joe grilled out and Uncle Ben (Molly says he is her "boyfriend", lol) came over. I tried a new recipe with fresh green beans from Martha Stewart. Oh they were so good! Molly informed me "no one likes the beans, Mom". Ben asked if they were cooked and Joe didn't eat many of his either. I have decided they don't appreciate the crispness of fresh green beans and I will give them canned beans from now on and save the sauteed fresh beans with sliced almonds and a squeeze of lemon for myself. Yum!
Saturday morning Joe left early for a memorial golf tournament in Dodge, so us girls were on our own. We hung out in our PJ's all morning and Ellie took a good morning AND afternoon nap! Ellie is SO close to crawling now. We spent lots of time on the floor baiting her with toys, phones, remotes, pom poms, etc. Man, she really wanted those pom poms! She get from setting to her knees, drops to her belly and...roles over. Ahhh, every time! So Molly just flips her back to her belly and she...roles back over! Lol! We even tryed our hand at canning Saturday. I canned 6 jars of pickled jalapeno's. Next time I am sending Ellie to grandma's when I am canning. I was up to my armpits in vinegar, jalapeno's and boiling water with a baby that wanted to be held.
Saturday evening they were having the annual CTTC youth rally in Protection. They have Christan bands come and perform, some speakers and a improve team came this year. It was all really good! The girls and I went in and stayed until 10:30pm. Molly got brave after awhile and walked around the crowd with the "big girls"(the 5 year old from daycare). They blocked off a portion of main street, so no cars could drive through. It was cute to see her tailing after these big girls and them including her in everything. We had snow cones (Ellie loved it!) and enjoyed the music!
Sunday morning was church in the park with all the churches combined. Great speaker and it was so nice to let the girls play out in the grass. Both did so good, we need to have church in the park every Sunday!
Ellie thinks she is big stuff now, standing up by the coffee table!
I was asking both girls to smile at me, but as you can see they were too busy watching cartoons! Dora is way more interesting than I am!
Look at that big girl standing up in her nightgown! This was Molly's first nightgown, too cute!
Ellie sweating at the youth rally. Thank goodness for cold snow cones!

Saturday morning Joe left early for a memorial golf tournament in Dodge, so us girls were on our own. We hung out in our PJ's all morning and Ellie took a good morning AND afternoon nap! Ellie is SO close to crawling now. We spent lots of time on the floor baiting her with toys, phones, remotes, pom poms, etc. Man, she really wanted those pom poms! She get from setting to her knees, drops to her belly and...roles over. Ahhh, every time! So Molly just flips her back to her belly and she...roles back over! Lol! We even tryed our hand at canning Saturday. I canned 6 jars of pickled jalapeno's. Next time I am sending Ellie to grandma's when I am canning. I was up to my armpits in vinegar, jalapeno's and boiling water with a baby that wanted to be held.
Saturday evening they were having the annual CTTC youth rally in Protection. They have Christan bands come and perform, some speakers and a improve team came this year. It was all really good! The girls and I went in and stayed until 10:30pm. Molly got brave after awhile and walked around the crowd with the "big girls"(the 5 year old from daycare). They blocked off a portion of main street, so no cars could drive through. It was cute to see her tailing after these big girls and them including her in everything. We had snow cones (Ellie loved it!) and enjoyed the music!
Sunday morning was church in the park with all the churches combined. Great speaker and it was so nice to let the girls play out in the grass. Both did so good, we need to have church in the park every Sunday!
Molly is too cool for pictures in public, I guess! Staci, thanks for meeting us down there. Sorry I cut off your head in the picture! :-)
Comments