Joe, Hilary, Molly Jo, Ellie Grace
and Brynlee Claire
Looking cute before church.
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Just took some cute pictures of Molly before church yesterday. She got this adorable outfit from a friend at her birthday party. She likes the halter top, because as she says "you can see my back"! :-)
Gracie, she is wearing the bracelets that you gave her!
Well I haven't blogged in years, but have missed it so much! Life is crazy and I want to be able to look back at all the fun we have had. Last week, we headed to the mountains in Cuchara, CO. We have vacationed with Joe's family to this tiny town since Molly was our only Murphy grandkid (now there are 8!). We left early Wednesday morning and we are beyond thankful that we have such great little travelers! We made it 4 hours with NO stops. That's amazing for all of us! Everyone beat us out there. So we had a warm welcome from Doug, Ben & Tracy (Parker -3 and Evie 1) and Grandma Candy and Papa Tom. The cabin has a giant deck that we spend most of our time on. There is nothing better than a cup of coffee in the morning out in the cool mountain air. Evie is now walking everywhere and smiles all the time. It took some warming up to us, but we all won her over (until her parents were around, then she wanted them)....
The other night the girls planned a Family Fun night for us! We played air hockey (I won!), sang karaoke and watched some shows. I asked the girls what they wanted to eat at the Family Fun night. They said Hot Wings! Lol. Our neighbors (Dale Family Farms) sells their beef, pork and chicken from their shop at the farm. It's so convenient to run down the road and get some wings. Joe seasons them up with some olive oil and seasoning salt. Grills them and dips them a few times in a mixture of Frank's Wing Sauce and butter. I finish them under the broiler to crisp up the skin. The wings we get at DFF are big and meaty! I roasted some potatoes and cut up some fruit to go with our hot wings. I should say that they are not too spicy at all. It's always fun to eat downstairs since I'm a stickler for only eating at the dining room table or at the bar! It is fun that the girls still enjoy our company! I know th...
This week the weather has been cool and I have been thinking about all those fall/winter meals we like! Like chili, chicken potpie, beef stew, chicken chili, and chicken and noodles. Yum yum! I thought I would share afew of our favorite recipes for you to try! Creamy Chicken Chili 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (this is a great recipe if you have extra cooked chicken in the freezer!) 1 medium onion, chopped 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder 1 tablespoon oil 2 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies (if you like less kick, add just one can) 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon dried oregano 1/2 teaspoon pepper 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1 cup sour cream Fresh cilantro, probalbly 1/2 to 2/3 cup cropped cilantro and more for garnish. Molly loves the "green stuff"! In a large sau...
Comments