Trip to the Dr. for Ellie

Ellie had lots of smiles yesterday when Joe brought her to my office. But I couldn't capture any of them, because the flash startled her. I took her to the Dr. in Pratt yesterday. She is still having her pooping issues and is fussy and clingy. I had predicted that the Dr. would say that it wasn't a big deal and she will "go" when she is ready. And that is exactly what the Dr said! She also recommended massaging her belly daily and giving her concentrated formula for a few feedings a day! Who would have thought they would recommend formula to a breastfed baby??? I guess there is a preservative in the premixed formula that should move thing along. Well that is all great, but Shawn (our super-duper daycare provider) just called and said Ellie won't drink it and cried herself to sleep over it. How traumatic! Do we have another drama queen on our hands? lol

So I guess I will try to stop stressing over it and counting the days. The Dr said she is very healthy and looks great! She weighed in at 14lb! She has doubled her birth weight! After seeing her reaction to formula, I guess I will nurse this little lady forever.

Ellie has been pretty fussy in the evenings and requires being held at all times. Last night, Joe was a golf course meeting and I had to set Ellie down. Multiple times, Molly informed Ellie she was being too loud! Once Molly couldn't talk and another time Molly couldn't read because Ellie was too loud! Ellie was probably thinking the same thing about Molly this morning when Molly was playing the recorder loudly!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Poor little Ellie Grace... I still thing that recorder was a fit of insanity on your part Hil. When I come over spring break it might become a magically recorder and vanish lol
-Gracie

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food