Sick Babies

Snacking on her hands.

Joe aka Baby Whisperer
I picked up the girls early on Monday from daycare. Ellie wouldn't eat and what little she did she spit up. She cried for an hour there and finally cried herself to sleep. Molly went down for a nap and woke up with a 101 degree fever to match Ellie's. So both got doses of Tylenol. Both have been snotty and coughing, so I wasn't surprised. Molly recovered quickly in true Molly fashion. She always bounces back so quick and hardly gets sick (knock on wood!). Ellie on the other hand is still sick. The fever has been gone since yesterday evening, but she is still beside herself when the Tylenol wear off every 4 hours. I would have had Molly to the Dr twice by this time.
As you can tell by the first picture, she is as happy as lark when medicated. I told Joe he could hold fussy Ellie (so I could cook dinner) or not eat. He choose eating and holding Ellie. As you can tell, she calmed down and slept for him. He even held her while Molly and I ate dinner. Thanks Dad!
Molly stayed home with Ellie and I yesterday. It was a beautiful day in the 80's here! Ellie stopped crying every time we went outside so we spent a lot of time out there. She enjoyed watching Molly blow bubbles and Daisy eating them! Molly colored all over the sidewalk and porch with chalk and took her Cozy Coop Car out for a spin. The back of her car is full of gravel from the driveway and her gardening tools. She is as ready for the yard work as I am. I can't wait to get out there and plant some flowers! Wonder how I am going to do that with Ellie Grace this summer!
Ellie had a rough morning today, but was better after Tylenol and eating so I took her to daycare. Shawn said she has slept most of the day. Hope that is just what she needs to get better. Joe will be gone for 5 days in KC. Glad my "nanny" Gracie is coming out. Just kidding Gracie, we love having you come and you are so helpful and so good with the girls! Molly loves "her Gracie"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food