Little Helper

I was home with the sick girls yet again yesterday. Molly was up with an earache Wednesday night. It was awful, she hurt so bad! Ellie couldn't sleep with all of her congestion and didn't want to lay down from 3-7am. Thank goodness Gracie was here visiting, because Joe is in KC at the NCAA tournaments. That would have been even worse by myself. Thanks Gracie for making the dessert for church (at 11pm), I would have never got to it! Especially since Molly finally feel asleep (after being highly medicated) at midnight and Ellie was back up at 12:30. Oh so tired!

We got up and started getting around to take the girls to the Dr yesterday. Molly has a double ear infection and Ellie is just snotty, coughing, swollen glands, etc. So both are on antibiotics. Getting Ellie to take her meds is a 15 minute process. Too much thick, pink goo to get into a little one! Anyway, we were getting ready and Ellie had went back to sleep, since she didn't sleep during the night. I still had the baby monitor on and could hear Molly talking to Ellie through it and then the mobile turned on. So that means... Molly is also in the crib! Not uncommon and sadly I don't even stress over this anymore. Molly sets with her and entertains her. So I holler to Molly and ask "Is Ellie ok?" Molly's response "Yes, I am holding her". What???? (pause, panic, runnnnnn!) Holding her? She has never picked her up, she weighs 14lbs. Too heavy for Molly. And you will see below what I found. Ellie happy as a lark that big sister was holding her and Molly sooo proud of herself. She showed me how she picked her up and how to lay her down softly. I highly discouraged her from doing it again, but she actually did a good job and was very gentle. I have a feeling this will not be the last time for this!

This has been the week of growing up for Molly. She is doing things she has never done before. Picking up "baby sister" is one of them. But also answering the phone and chatting on it. And this morning she got up around 5am and helped herself to the fridge! Miss Independent!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Family Trip Day #1

Family Fun Night

Fall Food